Our study on the influence of numbers on size perception has been covered by more than 66 media outlets within a couple of days of publication (9/7/23), including LA Times, NPR, NBC News, ABC News, KTLA, ESPN TV, Good Morning America, KNX, ESPN news, New Scientist, Science Friday. Below are some of the links to the media coverage.
- ESPN2, September 11, 2023
- Good Morning America, September 11, 2023
- KNX Radio, September 8, 2023
- ESPN Radio, September 8, 2023
- ESPN, September 8, 2023
- Los Angeles Times, September 8, 2023
- Yahoo News, Agencia EFE, September 6, 2023
- KTLA, Travis Schlepp, September 6, 2023
- NBC News, Fernando Hurtado, September 7, 2023
- ABC News, Kevin Seifert, September 7, 2023
- ESPN, NFL, Kevin Seifert, September 7, 2023
- HealthDay, September 7, 2023
- Science Friday, September 15, 2023
Starting September 1st, 2024, Cognitive Psychology Ph.D. student Charlotte Kelly will be fully funded for a period of three years for conducting research that aligns with the goals of the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), the Army Research Office (ARO) and/or the Office of Naval Research (ONR) within the United States Department of Defense.
Dr. Shams is recipient of a UCLA Undergrad Research Faculty Mentorship award.
Shams Lab research assistant Chenyang (Leo) Lin received a research fellowship award from Yale University with a start date in 2021.
Shams Lab graduate student Saul has received an NSF GRFP Award in the 2021 award cycle.
Shams Lab graduate student Sashel has received an NSF GRFP Honorable Mention in the 2021 award cycle.
Lab News | April 2020
Dr. Shams was recently featured in an article of Maddyness.
Lab News | December 2019
Dr. Shams was recently interviewed and quoted in an ESPN article.
Lab News | May 2019
Dr. Shams was quoted in one of the neuroscience articles in Medium.